Advertising testing can be very complex, involving both qualitative and quantitative analysis of commercial advertising.
During the research, commercials, layouts, and recordings may be tested. The research may be applied to finished commercials and the ones still in progress of creation.
Pre and post tests of advertising help to evaluate:
- Whether the commercial advertising was successful or has failed.
- Strengths and weak points of a particular commercial.
- How a message is perceived and received?
- What aspects of a commercial affect people?
- Which advertising or communication channels are most effective?