Who is a prosumer?
- A new-generation consumer, who understands marketing and is more demanding;
- Actively searches for information and takes interest in opinions of others;
- Actively shares their opinion and experiences with others;
- A leader of attitudes and behaviour;
- A person who can tell today what the people will want tomorrow.
Why talking to prosumers is worthwhile?
- Prosumers are essential for understanding the future behaviour of company, category or product consumers today;
- Prosumers predict what the consumers will think, feel, say or buy in the next 6-18 months;
- They are especially useful in testing the ideas of new products;
- They may be helpful in measuring future potential and understanding:
- Which market sector/category has the greatest future potential?
- Which brand has the greatest growth potential?
- Which consumer segment has the greatest potential?
- What will the needs and desires of consumers be in the future?
15–25% of consumers of the world may be attributed to the category of prosumers. According to our data, around 8% of internet users in Lithuania are prosumers.